Benfica 1 - 0 Belenenses
BENFICA - Quim; Miguel, Luisão, Ricardo Rocha e Dos Santos; Petit e Manuel Fernandes; Geovanni, Nuno Assis e Simão; Nuno Gomes
BELENENSES - Marco Aurélio; Amaral, Wilson, Pelé e Sousa; Rui Ferreira; Neca, Andersson e José Pedro; Antchouet e Paulo Sérgio.
Árbitro: Mário Mendes (Coimbra)
Mais um jogo em que o Benfica teve muitas dificuldades para ganhar mas em que só a vitória do Benfica poderia ocorrer. Paradoxal mas verdadeiro. Ultimamente os jogos do Benfica são um ataque massivo duma equipa e outra com os 11 jogadores na grande área defensiva e imediações.
No fim da primeira parte Quim (regressou à baliza do Benfica) não tinha tocado na bola. O número de cantos era de 11-1 a favor do Benfica. Uma bola salva em cima da linha por Sousa com a bola a bater na barra. Duas ou três excelentes defesas de Marco Aurélio. Um penalty por marcar por falta de Neca sobre Nuno Gomes aos 24', mas 0 -0 no marcador.
Na segunda parte a situação não se alterou muito; aos 49' um grande pontapé de Petit vai de encontro à barra da baliza do Belenenses. A pressão encarnada ia-se diluindo e Trapattoni faz as substituições do costume começando por entrar Mantorras para o lugar de Nuno Assis (55') e aos 63' Karadas para o lugar de Nuno Gomes. No Belenenses sai Antchet para entrar Lourenço. Aos 66' mais uma jogada de ataque encarnado pareceu-nos de Ricardo Rocha a bola vai ao corpo de Amaral e depois ao braço. Não há dúvidas quanto a isso, dúvidas há sim quanto à intencionalidade. O árbitro assinalou o penalty que Simão converteu e pôs o Benfica a ganhar.
Depois do golo, então sim o jogo mudou. Carvalhal a perder faz entrar Ruben Amorim para o lugar do defesa Rui Ferreira e o Belenenses avançou no terreno. Um remate de longe de Paulo Sérguio quase atraiçoava Quim desatento, a defender para a frente com Lourenço a surgir para a recarga que fez muito ao lado, queixando-se de falta de Ricardo Rocha.
A arbitragem de Mário Mendes foi contestada pelo treinador do Belenenses falando de dois penalties (pretensamente um não marcado a favor e outro que não deveria ter sido marcado contra). Trapattoni nas declarações do fim do jogo lembrou-lhe o penalty da 1ª parte sobre Nuno Gomes, não marcado. Enfim...
Posted by Fernando Silva at sábado, abril 30, 2005
0311 -Galerius Valerius Maximianus lança um edito sob o qual os cristãos são reconhecidos legalmente no Império Romano
0313 - Roman emperor Licinius unifies the entire Eastern Roman Empire under his rule.
1305 -Es asesinado Roger de Flor, capitán de los almogávares.
1309 - Kazimierz III de Great, King of Poland (1333-70), was born.
1341 - John III of Dreux, Duke of Brittany dies.
1492 - Spain gives Christopher Columbus his commission of exploration.
1504 - Francesco Primaticcio (or Primatice, Primadizzi) di Bologna, was born (d. 1570). Italian Mannerist painter, sculptor, draftsman, stuccoist, and architect, active in France.
1531 - O português Martin Alonso de Souza desembarca no lugar que mais tarde seria a cidade de Rio de Janeiro.
1536 - A Inquisição é instalada em Portugal
1586 - Nasce Santa Rosa de Lima, religiosa peruana.
1602 - William Lilly, was born (d. 1681). Astrologer.
1655 - Eustache Le Sueur (or Lesyeur, Lesueur), dies (b. 19 Nov 1617). Parisian painter and draftsman. He was one of the most important painters of historical, mythological and religious pictures in 17th-century France and one of the founders of French classicism. He was long considered the ‘French Raphael’ and the equal of Nicolas Poussin and Charles Le Brun. ( Sleeping Venus ; Caligula Depositing the Ashes of his Mother and Brother in the Tomb of his Ancestors ; Les Muses: Melpomène, Érato et Polymnie ; La Muse Terpsichore ;)
1657 - Jacques de Stella, dies (b. 19 Sep 1596). French painter, draftsman, and engraver. Stella is an example of a painter who was a star, enjoying great esteem in his lifetime, both as an artist and a patron (of Nicolas Poussin), but whose work is no longer specially appreciated
1662 - Queen Mary II of England was born (d. 1694)
1671 - Petar Zrinski, the Croatian Banfrom the Zrinski family, is executed.
1729 - Chevalier Pierre-Jacques-Antoine Volaire, was born. French painter.
1743 - Pedro de Peralta y Barnuevo, Peruvian playwright and poet, dies.
1755 - Jean-Baptiste Oudry, dies (b. 17 Mar 1686).French artist specialized in Animals.
1776 - Nasce Nicolas Rodríguez Peña, herói da independência argentina.
1777 - Carl Friedrich Gauss, was born (d. 1855). Mathematician, astronomer and physicist
1789 - On the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City, George Washington takes the oath of office to become the first elected President of the United States.
1798 - Charles-Auguste van den Berghe, was born (d. 17 Nov 1853). French painter.
1803 - Louisiana Purchase: The United States purchases the Louisiana Territory from France for $15 million.
1804 - Hague's Theater opens .
1812 - The Territory of Orleans becomes the 18th U.S. state under the name Louisiana.
1824 - D. Miguel é derrotado ao liderar golpe militar em Portugal
1835 - Franz von Defregger, was born (d. 02 Jan 1921). Austrian academic painter.
1838 - Nicaragua declares independence from the Central American Federation
1839 - Nascimento em Ipioca, Maceió - AL, de Floriano Peixoto (Marechal Floriano Vieira Peixoto). 3º Presidente do Brasil (23 Nov 1891 a 15 Nov 1894).
1845 - Nascimento de Joaquim Pedro de Oliveira Martins. Historiador autodidacta, socialista, defensor mais tarde da instauração de um regime autoritário, será um dos membros da «Geração de 70» do século XIX.
1847 - Archduke Charles, dies. Austrian general.
1854 - Inauguração por D. Pedro II da Primeira Ferrovia Brasileira, a Estrada de Ferro Mauá, no Rio de Janeiro-RJ.
1864 - American Civil War: Battle of Jenkin's Ferry - Retreating Union troops led by General Frederick Steele repel Confederate forces under General Edmund Kirby Smith.
1865 - Robert Fitzroy, dies (b. 1805). English admiral and meteorologist.
1867 - Burton Mossman, was born (d. 1956). Arizona Ranger.
1870 - Franz Lehár, was born (d. 1948). Composer.
1875 - Inauguração do Hospital de Niños - Buenos Aires .
1875 - Jean Frederic Waldeck, dies (b. 1766). French explorer, lithographer and cartographer.
1877 - Alice B. Toklas, was born (d. 1967). Muse and brownie chef.
1883 - Jaroslav Hašek, was born (d. 1923). Czech novelist.
1883 - Indalecio Prieto was born.
1883 - Édouard Manet, dies (b. 23 Jan 1832) .French Realist Impressionist painter and printmaker. Manet made the transition from the realism of Gustave Courbet to Impressionism. [The Spanish Singer ; The Picnic; Luncheon in the Studio; Olympia; The Café; La modiste; ].
1888 - Kiyotaka Kuroda assume o cargo de primeiro-ministro do Japão.
1889 - The first national holiday in the United States was celebrated. The citizens of the U.S. observed the centennial of George Washington’s inauguration.
1889 - Ellis Wilson, was born. Artist
1893 - Joachim von Ribbentrop, was born (d. 1946). Nazi foreign minister.
1897 - Nascimento de Humberto (Duarte) Mauro em Volta Grande - MG. Actor e diretor brasileiro.
1897 - O físico britânico Joseph John Thompson anuncia o descobrimento do elétron, partícula elementar do átomo.
1900 - Hawaii becomes a territory of the United States, with Sanford B. Dole as governor.
1900 - Casey Jones dies attempting to save the runaway train Cannonball Express.
1904 - The Louisiana Purchase Exposition World's Fair opens in Saint Louis, Missouri.
1904 - The ice cream cone makes its debut.
1905 - O psicólogo Alfred Binet apresenta testes que supostamente medem inteligência, e não conhecimento humano. Estes são conhecidos hoje como os testes de Q.I.
1908 - Eve Arden [Eunice Quedens] was born (d.12 Nov 1990). Emmy Award-winning actress: Our Miss Brooks , Anatomy of a Murder, Grease, Stage Door, Tea for Two.
1909 - Queen Juliana of the Netherlands was born (d. 2004).
1910 - Al Lewis,was born. Actor (The Munsters).
1911 - Luise Rinser, was born. (d. 17 Mar 2002). German writer.
1911 - Portugal approves woman suffrage.
1912 - Criação do América Futebol Clube (Belo Horizonte - MG) .
1914 - Nascimento de Dorival Caymmi, em Salvador - BA. Cantor e compositor da MPB.
1914 - Vermont Royster was born (d. 22 Jul 1996). Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, editor: The Wall Street Journal; columnist: Thinking Things Over; author: Journey through the Soviet Union, A Pride of Prejudices, My Own, My Country’s Time: A Journalist’s Journey.
1916 - Claude Shannon, was born (d. 2001). The "father" of information theory .
1916 - Robert Shaw, was born (d. 25 Jan 1999). American conductor [ Robert Show Chorale; music director of Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus].
1925 - Automaker Dodge Brothers, Inc is sold to Dillon, Read & Company for US$146 million plus US$50 million for charity.
1926 - Cloris Leachman, was born in Des Moines, Iowa - USA. Academy Award-winning actress: The Last Picture Show ; Emmy Award-winner: A Brand New Life [1972-73], The Mary Tyler Moore Show [1973-74], Cher [1974-75], Screen Actor’s Guild 50th Anniversary Celebration [1983-84]; Phyllis, Backstairs at the White House, The Facts of Life .
1927 - The Federal Industrial Institute for Women, opens in Alderson, West Virginia as the first women's federal prison in the United States.
1929 - Klausjürgen Wussow, was born. Actor
1933 - Willie Nelson, was born in Abbott, Texas. Country musician, composer, actor - 1989 Grammy Living Legend Award.
1933 - Luis Sanchez Cerro, President of Peru, dies assassinated by Hurtado de Mendoza.
1934 - Austrian gets "Austrian facist" constitution.
1935 - Nascia José Fialho Gouveia, no Montijo, Portugal (m. 2 Out 2004). Figura da televisão e rádio portuguesa. Apresentador.
1936 - Alfred Edward Housman, dies (b. 1859). Poet.
1938 - Gary Collins, was born. Actor. Gary Collins Official Web Page .
1938 - Bugs Bunny, was born. Cartoon character.
1938 - The cartoon short Porky's Hare Hunt, debuts in movie theaters, introducing Bugs Bunny. 1939 - Franklin D. Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to appear on television.
1939 - The 1939 New York World's Fair opens.
1940 - Burt Young, was born. Actor.
1941 - Johnny Farina,was born. Guitarist (Santo and Johnny).
1943 - Bobby Vee, was born. Singer.
1943 - World War II: Operation Mincemeat - The submarine HMS Seraph surfaces in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Spain to deposit a dead man planted with false invasion plans and dressed as a British military intelligence officer.
1943 - Otto Jespersen, dies (b. 1860). Danish philologist.
1941 - Muere Edwin Porter, uno de los pioneros de cine .
1944 - Jill Clayburgh, was born. Actress.
1944 - Richard Schoff, was born. Singer (The Sandpipers) .
1945 - Annie Dillard, was born. Poet, essayist, novelist.
1945 - Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun commit suicide after being married for one day.
1945 - The morning radio program Arthur Godfrey Time, starring Arthur Godfrey, debuts.
1945 - Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun die (suicide) .
1946 - Ulla Hahn, was born. Lyricist.
1946 - King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden was born.
1946 - Don Schollander, was born. Olympic gold medalist in swimming - Olympic Hall of Famer: 1st swimmer to win 4 gold medals in one Olympics , also won two gold in 1968; International Swimming Hall of Famer: set 8 world records in the 400-meter freestyle and 9 in the 200-meter in his career; Sullivan Award (U.S. outstanding athlete  ).
1946 - Brasil: Proibição do JOGO (Decreto Lei nº 9215 de 30 de abril de 1946 - Governo Dutra) e encerramento de todos os Casinos do país.
1947 - In Nevada Boulder Dam is officially renamed Hoover Dam again.
1948 - Perry King, was born. Actor
1948 - Nascia José Nuno Martins em Fratel, Portugal. Figura da rádio e televisão portuguesas.
1948 - Nascia Marco Nanini, no Rio de Janeiro. Actor brasileiro
1948 - In Bogotá, Colombia, the Organization of American States is established.
1948 - 21 nações fundam a OEA, Organização de Estados Americanos
1948 - The Land Rover is unveiled at the Amsterdam Auto Show.
1949 - Nascimento de António Guterres . Político do Partido Socialista e Primeiro-ministro português (1995 - 2000) .
1953 - Marie Osmond, was born. Singer (The Osmonds) .
1954 - Nascimento de Jane Campion em Wellington- Nova Zelandia. Diretora de cinema.
1955 - Nicolas Hulot, was born. Journalist, author.
1955 - Element 101, Mendelevium, announced.
1956 - Alben W. Barkley, dies (b. 1877). Former Vice President of the United States .
1956 - Nascimento de Lars Von Trier em Copenhaga, Dinamarca. Diretor de cinema.
1961 - Isiah Thomas, was born. Basketball player, coach, owner .
1961 - Premier Fidel Castro of Cuba receives Lenin-Peace Prize.
1962 - Noruega apresenta pedido de adesão à Comunidade Europeia.
1964 - Albert Margai assume o cargo de primeiro-ministro de Serra Leoa.
1964 - Barrington Levy, was born. Reggae and dancehall musician.
1966 - Nascia Margarida Pinto Correia em Lisboa, Portugal . Escritora. Presidente da Fundação do Gil. Directora da revista feminina Cosmopolitan.
1966 - Anton LaVey founds the Church of Satan.
1967 - Turbo B, was born. Rapper (Snap)
1969 - Clark Vogeler, was born. Rock guitarist (The Toadies)
1970 - A Guerra do Vietname espalha-se ao Camboja. O presidente norte-americano Richard Nixon revela que tropas dos Estados Unidos e do Vietname do Sul foram enviadas ao Camboja para destruir as bases dos vietnamitas comunistas.
1970 - Inger Stevens, dies (b. 1934). Actress.
1971 - Portugal: o Decreto-Lei n.º 178/71 cria o Instituto de Acção Social Escolar
1972 - J.R. Richards,was born . Singer (Dishwalla)
1973 - Jeff Timmons, was born. R&B singer (98 Degrees)
1973 - Watergate Scandal: President Richard Nixon announces that top White House aids H.R. Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, and others have resigned.
1974 - Agnes Moorehead, dies (b. 1900). Actress.
1974 - O dirigente comunista português Álvaro Cunhal regressou a Portugal, após o seu exílio
1975 - Elliott Sadler, was born. NASCAR driver
1975 - Vietnam War: North Vietnamese troops occupy Saigão, ending the war. Tropas do Vietname do Norte capturam Saigão e o presidente do Vietname do Sul, Duong Van Minh, se rende aos comunistas. Neste mesmo dia, tropas norte-americanas se retiram de Saigão, que é renomeada de Cidade de Ho Chi Minh.
1976 - Muhammad Ali beats Jimmy Young in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
1976 - España: se estrena el filme de Charlie Chaplin El gran dictador, rodado en 1940.
1978 - Tom Fulp, was born. Computer artist, creator and owner of Newgrounds
1980 - Accession of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.
1981 - 16th Academy of Country Music Awards: Barbara Mandrell and George Jones win.
1981 - Peter Huchel, dies. German poet.
1982 - Alvaro Magana chosen to succeed Jose N Duarte as President of El Salvador
1982 - Kirsten Dunst,was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey. USA star actress (Interview with the Vampire).
1982 - Lester Bangs, dies (b. 1949). Music journalist, author, musician.
1983 - George Balanchine, dies (b. 1904). Dancer, choreographer .
1983 - Muddy Waters, dies (b. 1915). Blues musician.
1983 - Michael Jackson's song "Beat It" hits number 1 on the Billboard music charts.
1984 - Rashid Abdul Hamid Karami assume (pela 8º vez) o cargo de primeiro-ministro do Líbano.
1987 - O ministro de Exterior da Nicarágua, o sacerdote Miguel d'Escoto, recebe o Prémio Lenin da Paz.
1987 - Harri Holkeri assume o cargo de primeiro-ministro da Finlândia.
1988 - In Dublin, Ireland, Céline Dion wins the thirty-third Eurovision Song Contest for Switzerland singing "Ne partez pas sans moi" (Don't leave without me).
1988 - Rita Wilson /Tom Hanks marriage.
1989 - Sergio Leone, dies (b. 1929). Italian filmmaker (Good, Bad and Ugly).
1991 - A tropical cyclone hits Bangladesh killing an estimated 138,000 people.
1991 - Em Portugal, utilizou-se pela primeira vez a acumpuctura como meio anestesiante
1992 - The last episode of the Cosby Show airs.
1993 - CERN announces that the World Wide Web will be free to everyone.
1993 - During a changeover at a tennis tournament in Hamburg, Germany, Monica Seles is stabbed in the back by a deranged fan of rival Steffi Graf. Seles would not play competitively for more than two years after the incident.
1994 - In Dublin, Ireland, Paul Harrington & Charlie McGettigan win the thirty-ninth Eurovision Song Contest for Ireland singing "Rock'n'Roll Kids".
1994 - Soccer great Pele (53) weds psychologist Assiria Seixas Lemos (36)
1995 - Colômbia torna-se membro da Organização Mundial do Comércio
1996 - Julio Cesar Mendez Montenegro, President of Guatemala (1966-70), dies .
1997 - Ellen DeGeneres comes out of the closet on her sitcom Ellen (which originally aired on ABC this day).
1998 - La policía detiene al croata Dinko Sakic en la provincia de Buenos Aires. Estuvo frente del campo de concentración de Jasenovac, durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial.
1998 - Nizar Qabbani, dies . Syrian Poet.
1999 - NATO membership expands by approving the admission of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland (the nations will be formally admitted following NATO's 50th anniversary summit next April). NATO aircraft destroy the Belgrade-Azala Tower.
1999 - Cambodia joins the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) bringing the total members to 10.
1999 - Neo-nazi bomber David Copeland detonates his third bomb in front of the Admiral Duncan pub and is arrested the night after.
2001 - Dennis Tito, the first space tourist in space lifts off in a Russian rocket heading for the International Space Station.
2001 - Chandra Levy, a former intern to California Congressman Gary Condit, is last seen in Washington, DC.
2002 - A referendum in Pakistan overwhelmingly approves the Presidency of Pervez Musharraf for another five years.
2002 - Cuba ratifica o Protocolo de Kyoto
2004 - O governo argentino requisita ao Chile a extradição do ex-presidente Carlos Menem
2003 - Peter 'Possum' Bourne, dies. 3-time Asia-Pacific Rally champion
2003 - Wim van Est, dies. Dutch cyclist.
Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day
The Netherlands - Queen's Day
Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora
Vietnam - Liberation Day
Dia Nacional da Mulher (Brasil)
Posted by Fernando Silva at sábado, abril 30, 2005
Académica 1- 0 Boavista
- 1429 - Joana D´Arc, uma camponesa de 17 anos, lidera tropas francesas e vence os ingleses na Batalha de Orleans, durante a Guerra dos Cem Anos.
- 1623 - 11 Dutch ships depart for the conquest of Peru.
- 1667 - John Arbuthnot, was born (d. 1735). English physician and satirist.
- 1670 - Pope Clemens X elected .
- 1675 - Giovanni Antonio Pellegrini,was born (d. 05 Nov 1741) Venitian painter.
- 1707 - Escocia e Inglaterra se unen formando el Reino Unido de Gran Bretaña .
- 1780 - Charles Nodier, was born (d. 1844). French writer.
- 1783 - David Cox was born (d. 07 Jun 1783). English painter (Treatise on landscape painting). He was an eminent landscape painter both in watercolor and in oil.
- 1813 - Rubber is patented.
- 1821 - Muere Domingo de Azcuénaga, jurisconsulto y poeta, primer fabulista argentino .
- 1843 - Nasceu o pintor brasileiro Pedro Américo de Figueiredo e Melo .
- 1854 - Henri Poincaré was born. Philosopher and Mathematician.
- 1856 - End of Crimean War .
- 1861 - Morte de José María Obando. Militar e estadista colombiano.
- 1863 - Nace el magnate de la prensa William Randolph Hearst.
- 1870 - Inauguração no Rossio, em Lisboa, da estátua de D. Pedro IV.
- 1872 - Nace el escultor Manolo Hugué.
- 1863 - William Randolph Hearst, was born (d. 1851). American publisher.
- 1879 - Sir Thomas Beecham, was born (d. 1961). English conductor.
- 1884 - Nascimento de Jaime Cortesão, em Ançã. Historiador, membro do movimento «Renascença Portuguesa», será Director da Biblioteca Nacional de 1919 a 1927.
- 1885 - Egon Erwin Kisch, was born (d. 1948). Czech journalist and author.
- 1885 - Inauguração do Teatro Sá de Miranda em Viana do Castelo, Portugal .
- 1894 - Paul Hörbiger was born (d. 1981) .
- 1895 - Malcolm Sargent, was born (d. 1967). English conductor.
- 1897 - Humberto Mauro, actor e diretor brasileiro (m. 1983) .
- 1899 - Duke Ellington, was born (d. 1974). American jazz pianist, bandleader. He was honored, at the date of his 70th birthday, with the presentation of the Medal of Freedom, the U.S. government’s highest civilian honor.
- 1904 - Enrico Mattei was born. Italian oil magnate.
- 1905 - Ogden Minton Pleissner,was born (d. 1963). US painter specialized in Landscapes. Pleissner is best known for his painting of the outdoors and gentlemanly sports.
- 1906 - André Plumot, dies (b. 1829). Belgian artist.
- 1907 - Fred Zinnemann, was born (d. 1997). Austrian-born American film director. Academy Award-winning director: High Noon , From Here to Eternity , A Man for All Seasons ; died Mar 14, 1997 .
- 1909 - Tom Ewell [Samuel Yewell Tompkins], was born (d. 12 Sep 1994). American actor. Tony Award-winning actor: The Seven Year Itch ; The Tom Ewell Show, Easy Money;
- 1914 - Nascimento do compositor brasileiro Dorival Caymmi.
- 1919 - Celeste Holm, was born. American actress.
- 1920 - Harold Shapero, American composer .
- 1925 - Danny Davis (George Nowland) .Grammy Award-winning bandleader: group: Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass: Best Country Instrumental Performance ; Country Music Awards Instrumental Group of the Year [1969 - 1974] .
- 1929 - Walter Kempowski, was born. German author.
- 1929 - Peter Sculthorpe, was born. Australian composer.
- 1930 - Jean Rochefort, was born. French actor.
- 1931 - Frank Auerbach, was born. German-born British painter Frank Auerbach, German-born British painter and printmaker.
- 1931 - Lonnie Donegan, was born (d. 2002). Scottish musician.
- 1933 - Rod McKuen, was born. Poet, composer.
- 1933 - Muere el poeta Constantino Cavafis.
- 1934 - Otis Rush, was born. Blues musician.
- 1936 - Zubin Mehta, was born. Indian-born American conductor.
- 1936 - Nasce Dedé Santana, actor e comediante brasileiro.
- 1936 - Nascimento de Alejandra Pizarnik. Poetisa argentina.
- 1936 - O argentino Luis O. Salesi é nomeado presidente da Confederación Sudamericana de Fútbol.
- 1937 - Jill Paton Walsh, was born. English writer.
- 1937 - William Gillette, dies (b. 1853). Actor.
- 1941 - Nascimento de Nana Caymmi, cantora e compositora brasileira .
- 1942 - Klaus Voormann, was born. German illustrator and musician.
- 1942 - Galina Kulakova was born. USSR skier (Olympics-3 golds-1972).
- 1944 - Morreu o ex-Presidente da República portuguesa, Bernardino Machado.
- 1946 - John Waters, was born. American film director & writer.
- 1947 - Olavo de Carvalho, was born. Brazilian philosopher.
- 1947 - Tommy James, was born. musician.
- 1952 - David Icke, was born. British conspiracy writer.
- 1954 - Jerry Seinfeld, was born. American comedian and Emmy award-winning producer: Seinfeld [1992-1993].
- 1955 - Giovanni Gronchi elected President of Italy .
- 1957 - Daniel Day-Lewis, was born. Anglo-Irish actor.
- 1957 - Belle Baker, dies (b. 1893). American 1920s torch singer, film & tv actress.
- 1958 - Michelle Pfeiffer, was born in Santa Ana CA. American actress : Dangerous Liaisons, Batman Returns, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Grease 2, Ladyhawke, Scarface, The Witches of Eastwicke, The Age of Innocence.
- 1960 - Robert J. Sawyer, was born. Canadian science fiction writer .
- 1964 - Federico Castelluccio, was born. Italian-American actor.
- 1964 - Albert Saverys (or Saverijs), dies (b. 12 May 1886). Belgian artist.
- 1966 - Phil Tufnell, was born. English cricketer.
- 1968 - Carnie Wilson, was born. Singer .
- 1970 - Uma Thurman, was born. Actress Uma (Karuna) Thurmanactress: The Truth about Cats and Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Mad Dog and Glory, Final Analysis, Robin Hood, Henry and June, Dangerous Liaisons, Kiss Daddy Goodnight .
- 1975 - Eric Koston, was born. Professional skateboarder.
- 1975 - Ethiopia nationalizes all ground/earth .
- 1980 - Alfred Hitchcock, dies (b. 1899). Director.
- 1982 - Alfredo Magana elected President of El Salvador.
- 1987 - Javier Perez de Cuellar, Secretário-Geral da ONU, recebeu o doutoramento "Honoris Causa" pela Universidade de Coimbra .
- 1991 - Un ciclón causa en Bangladesh 250.000 muertos. 1991 Cyclone strikes Bangladesh, 139,000 die/10 million homeless (different sources give number of deaths very different)
- 1991 - Croatia declares independence.
- 1992 - 27th Academy of Country Music Awards Garth Brooks .
- 1996 - Muere Jaime García Tarrés, poeta mexicano.
- 1997 - Mike Royko, dies (b. 1932). Columnist.
- 2003 - Franco Corelli, dies (b. 1921). Italian tenor.
Posted by Fernando Silva at sexta-feira, abril 29, 2005
Aquém das expectativas...
Estranha formação inicial do Sporting com João Moutinho e Hugo Viana (dois criativos jogadores do meio-campo) no banco e Custódio a titular, o Sporting nunca conseguiu chegar aos calcanhares do jogo feito com o Newcastle. Após 10 minutos iniciais confusos com muitos passes falhados o Sporting começou a ter vantagem territorial, mas o ritmo (ou melhor a ausencia dele) não permitia criar ioportunidades claras. O Az Alkmaar demonstrou ser uma equipa bem preparada tecnicamente e mesmo sem quatro titulares habituais nunca foi subjugada pelos "leões".
O que há em mim é sobretudo cansaço -
Não d'isto nem d'aquillo,
Nem sequer de tudo ou nada:
Cansaço assim mesmo, elle mesmo,
A subtileza das sensações inuteis,
As paixões violentas por coisa nenhuma,
Os amores intensos por o supposto em alguem,
Essas coisas todas -
Essas e o que falta nellas eternamente -;
Tudo isso faz um cansaço,
Ha sem duvida quem ame o infinito,
Ha sem duvida quem deseje o impossivel,
Ha sem duvida quem não queira nada -
Trez typos de idealistas, e eu nenhum d'elles:
Porque eu amo infinitamente o finito,
Porque eu desejo impossivelmente o possivel,
Porque quero tudo, ou um pouco mais, se puder ser,
Ou até se não puder ser...
E o resultado?
Para elles a vida vivida ou sonhada,
Para elles a media entre tudo e nada, isto é, isto...
Para mim só um grande, um profundo,
E, ah com que felicidade infecundo, cansaço,
Um supremissimo cansaço,
Issimo, issimo, issimo,
Álvaro de Campos, um dos heterónimos de Fernando Pessoa
in Álvaro de Campos, Livro de Versos, Edição Crítica Teresa Rita Lopes, Referência Estampa
Este dia 28 de Abril tem muito a ver com ditadores históricos. Senão vejamos:
- No ano de 1889 nascia em Santa Comba Dão, António de Oliveira Salazar, lídimo representante do Estado Novo e da ditadura fascista em Portugal derrubada em 25 de Abril de 1974, então já comandada por Marcelo Caetano. Desde 1928 no Governo, primeiro como Ministro das Finanças e desde 1932 até 1968 como Presidente do Conselho, sucedendo-lhe o já referido Marcelo Caetano. Faleceu em Lisboa em 27 de Julho de 1970.
- No ano de 1945 Benito Mussolini, ("The Duce") o ditador italiano, fundador do fascismo, apanhado na véspera quando pretendia fugir para a Suiça, morria executado por resistentes italianos (n. 29 Jul 1883).
Resta-nos para compensar a recordação da tristeza e sofrimento que estas figuras sinistras da História Mundial provocaram, saudar e apreciar a beleza das celebridades /actrizes nascidas em 28 de Abril: Penelope Cruz - (no ano de 1974 em Madrid) e de Jessica Alba - ( em 1981, em Pomona, California, USA ).
- 1442 - King Edward IV of England was born (d. 1483) .
- 1526 - O famoso padre e escritor Francisco Álvares, deixa Maçuá, nas Terras do Preste João.
- 1669 - Canonização de Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzi (02 Abr 1566 - 25 Mai 1607) .
- 1753 - Franz Karl Achard was born (d. 20 Apr 1821). German chemist who invented a process for the large-scale extraction of table sugar (sucrose) from beets, and in 1801, opened the first sugar-beet factory, in Silesia (now Poland).
- 1764 - Marie Joseph Chenier was born. French poet and dramatist.
- 1765 - Sylvestre François Lacroix was born. French mathematicien.
- 1774 - Francis Baily was born (d. 30 Aug 1844). English astronomer who detected the phenomenon called "Baily's beads" during an annular eclipse of the Sun on 15 May 1836.
- 1799 - François Giroust dies. French composer.
- 1807 - Jacob Philipp Hackert, dies (b. 15 Sep 1737). German painter, specialized in Landscapes.
- 1810 - Daniel Ullmann, was born (d. 1892). General.
- 1813 - Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov, dies (b. 1745). Russian field marshal.
- 1819 - Ezra Abbot, was born (d. 1884). American bible scholar.
- 1831 - Peter Guthrie Tait was born (d. 4 Jul 1901). Scottish physicist and mathematician who helped develop quaternions, an advanced algebra that gave rise to vector analysis and was instrumental in the development of modern mathematical physics.
- 1838 - Nascimento de Tobias Asser - Prémio Nobel da Paz- 1911 (m.29 Jul 1913).
- 1842 - Sir Charles Bell dies (b. Nov 1774). Scottish anatomist whose New Idea of Anatomy of the Brain (1811) has been called the "Magna Carta of neurology."
- 1846 - Jöns Oskar Backlund was born (29 Aug 1916). Swedish astronomer.
- 1853 - Ludwig Tieck, dies (b. 1773). German writer.
- 1854 - Nascimento do pintor português José Malhoa.
- 1874 - Karl Kraus, was born (d. 1936). Journalist and author.
- 1878 - Lionel Barrymore, was born (d. 15 Nov 1954). Academy Award-winning actor: A Free Soul [1930-31]; Dr. Kildare, Camille, Captains Courageous, Duel in the Sun, It’s a Wonderful Life, Key Largo, The Little Colonel .
- 1882 - Alberto Pirelli, was born. Italian industrialist.
- 1886 - Ğabdulla Tuqay, was born (d. 1913). Poet.
- 1886 - Inauguração do monumento aos Restauradores de 1640, no começo da Avenida da Liberdade, em Lisboa, actual Praça dos Restauradores.
- 1896 - Charlie Rivel, was born (d. 1983). Clown.
- 1900 - Bruno Apitz was born (d. 1979). German author.
- 1900 - Maurice Thorez was born. French comunist leader.
- 1900 - Jan Hendrik Oort was born (d. 5 Nov 1992). Dutch physicist and astronomer who was one of the most important figures in 20th-century efforts to understand the nature of the Milky Way Galaxy, who measured the rotation of the earth's galaxy and hypothesized an "Oort Cloud."
- 1902 - Johan Borgen was born. Norwegian writer .
- 1903 - Josiah Willard Gibbs dies (b. 11 Feb 1839) . Theoretical physicist and chemist who was one of the greatest scientists in the U.S. in the 19th century. His application of thermodynamic theory converted a large part of physical chemistry from an empirical into a deductive science
- 1905 - Arthur Fitzwilliam Tait, dies (b. 05 Aug 1819). English /US painter, specialized in Animals.
- 1906 - Kurt Gödel, was born (d. 14 Jan 1978). Austrian-born US mathematician, logicien and author of Gödel's proof. He is best known for his proof of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorems (1931).
- 1906 - Bart J. Bok was born (d. 7 Aug 1983). Bok was an astronomer, expert on the Milky Way Galaxy and for his study of "Bok globules," small dark clouds observable against the background of bright nebulae
- 1908 - Oskar Schindler, was born (d. 1974). Businessman.
- 1910- Theodore Brown Rasmussen was born in Provo, Utah (d. 23 Jan 2002). American neurologist.
- 1910 - Edouard (Joseph Loius-Marie) van Beneden dies (b. 5 Mar 1846). Belgian embryologist and cytologist best known for his discoveries concerning fertilization in sex cells and chromosome numbers in body cells.
- 1916 - Ferruccio Lamborghini was born (d. 20 Feb 1993). Italian industrialist who founded a luxury car company that produced some of the fastest, most expensive, and sought-after sports cars in the world.
- 1919 - The first jump with the Army manually operated army parachute was made by Leslie LeRoy Irvin in Dayton, Ohio
- 1923 - Horst-Eberhard Richter was born. Psychoanalyst.
- 1923 - Inauguração do Estádio de Wembley com a disputa da Final da Taça de Inglaterra : Bolton 2-0 West Ham. O avançado David Jack apontoui o primeiro golo logo aos 2 minutos.
- 1929 - Fundación del Club Emelec (Empresa de Electricidad) de Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- 1926 - Harper Lee was born. Author.
- 1926 - Zip the Pinhead [William Henry Jonhson] dies (b. 1857).
- 1928 - Yves Klein, was born (d. 1962). Painter.
- 1928 - Eugene M. Shoemaker, was born (d. 1997). Planetary scientist.
- 1928 - É fundada a Escola de Samba da Mangueira (Brasil).
- 1930 - James Baker, was born. Politician.
- 1930 - The first night game in organized baseball history takes place in Independence, Kansas.
- 1935 - O Metro de Moscovo é inaugurado - Moscow underground opens (81 km long).
- 1937 - The first animated-cartoon electric sign was displayed on a building on Broadway in New York City. The sign was the creation of Douglas Leigh. It consisted of several thousand light bulbs and presented a four-minute show that featured a cavorting horse and ball-tossing cats.
- 1938 - Madge Sinclair was born (d. 20 Dec 1995). Emmy Award-winning actress. [ Gabriel’s Fire [1990-91], Trapper John M.D., Roots, Ohara, Me and the Boys, Grandpa Goes to Washington, A Century of Women, The End of Innocence, Coming to America, Convoy, Conrack] .
- 1941 - Ann-Margret, was born in Valsjobya Sweden. Actress: Carnal Knowledge, Tommy, Viva Las Vegas, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Bye, Bye, Birdie, Scarlett; singer: I Just Don’t Understand.
- 1948 - Terry Pratchett, was born. Author.
- 1950 - Jay Leno, was born. Comedian. Talk-show host.
- 1963 - Brasil derrota os Estados Unidos por 10- 0 em jogo de futebol nos Jogos Panamericanos (Adilton marca 7 golos!).
- 1966 - 38th Academy Awards - "Sound of Music," Julie Christie and L Marvin win
- 1967 - Expo 67 opens in Montréal Canada
- 1971 - Dutch social democratic party/D'66/DS'70 win parliamentary election
- 1974 - Penélope Cruz, was born. Actress.
- 1974 - Mário Soares regressa a Portugal vindo do exílio em Paris, acompanhado de Tito de Morais e Ramos Costa.
- 1981 - Jessica Alba, was born. Actress.
- 1986- Mais de 6.000 estações de rádio mundiais tocam simultaneamente a música “We Are the World”. Ken Kragen foi o promotor deste evento que arrecadou milhões de dólares para combater a fome na África.
- 1986 - Russia announced the Chernobyl nuclear disaster (happened two days before).
- 1991 - Nasa lança missão espacial STS-39 . Retorna em 06 Mai 1991.
- 1992 - Francis Bacon, dies (b. 1909). Irish/British abstract painter.
- 1992 - O presidente italiano Francesco Cossiga renuncia oficialmente ao cargo, mergulhando o país em sua pior crise constitucional desde o fim da Segunda Guerra Mundial. Giovanni Spadolini torna-se presidente-interino.
- 1993 - Zambian plane crashes at Libreville, Gabon, 30 soccer players die
- 1995 - Argentina vence o Brasil por 2-0 e sagra-se Campeão do Mundo de Futebol - sub-20 no Qatar. Leonardo Biagini e Francisco Guerrero foram os marcadores dos golos.
- 1995 - Gas explosion in South Korean metro, 103 die.
- 1995 - Sri Lankaan BAE748 crashes at Palaly, 52 die.
- 1999 - Morte de Alf Ramsey, treinador da Inglaterra no Mundial de 1966, em que se sagrou Campeão do Mundo (com pena nossa de Portugal que perdeu 2-1 nas meias-finais).
- 1999 - Arthur L. Schawlow dies (b. 5 May 1921). American physicist who was a corecipient (with Nicolaas Bloembergen of the U.S. and Kai Siegbahn of Sweden) of the 1981 Nobel Prize for Physics for his work in developing the laser and in laser spectroscopy.
- 2000 - Penelope Fitzgerald, dies (b. 1916). Writer.
- 2005 - The Patent Law Treaty (PLT) enters into force.
- Bahá'í Faith - Feast of Jamál (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bahá'í Calendar