Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2016-07-21

Jean / Joaninha - Robert Burns

Flores - imagem daqui

OF a' the airts the wind can blaw,
I dearly like the west,
For there the bonnie lassie lives,
The lassie I lo'e best:
There wild woods grow, and rivers row,
And monie a hill between;
But day and night may fancy's flight
Is ever wi' my Jean.

I see her in the dewy flowers,
I see her sweet and fair:
I hear her in the tunefu' birds,
I hear her charm the air:
There's not a bonnie flower that springs
By fountain, shaw, or green;
There's not a bonnie bird that sings,
But minds me o' my Jean.


Em Português

Anda alegria no vento
sempre que vem do sol-pôr:
lá donde vive a serrana
que me enfeitiçou d’amor...
Lá nos montes, pelas fontes,
pelos pinhais, vai sozinha…
A cada momento, o vento
me faz lembrar - Joaninha!

Vejo-as nas florinhas tenras,
que dá graça de as olhar;
ouça-a no trilo das aves
que põe bruxedo no ar:
a papoila que floresce
por entre a messe, ou na vinha,
o rouxinol que gorjeia,
só me dizem - Joaninha!

trad. Luís Cardim - in Rosa do Mundo 2001 Poemas para o Futuro, Assírio & Alvim

Robert Burns (b. Alloway, Ayrshire, Scotland, 25 Jan. 1759; d. Dumfries, Scotland 21 Jul 1796).


0 comments: