Como diz quem me enviou esta informação assim até dá gosto!
Como diz quem me enviou esta informação assim até dá gosto!
Venho de longe, trago o pensamento
Banhado em velhos sais e maresias;
Arrasto velas rotas pelo vento
E mastros carregados de agonia.
Provenho desses mares esquecidos
Nos roteiros de há muito abandonados
E trago na retina diluídos
Os misteriosos portos não tocados.
Retenho dentro da alma, preso à quilha
Todo um mar de sargaços e de vozes,
E ainda procuro no horizonte a ilha
Onde sonham morrer os albatrozes...
Venho de longe a contornar a esmo,
O cabo das tormentas de mim mesmo.
Have you seen a fish dissatisfied
with the ocean? Have you seen a lover?
Have you seen an image
that tries to avoid the engraver?
Have you seen a word emptied of meaning?
You need no name.
You are the ocean.
I am held in your sway.
Fire in your presence
turns into a rosebush.
When I am outside you,
life is torment.
Then Solomon walks back into Jerusalem,
and a thousand lanterns illuminate.
The divine glory settles
into a mountain nest.
The emperor and the source of light,
Shams Tabriz, lives here,
with no location in my chest.
Translation by Coleman Barks
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Balkhī (Persian: جلالالدین محمد بلخى), also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī (Persian: جلالالدین محمد رومی), and popularly known as Mowlānā (Persian: مولانا) but known to the English-speaking world simply as Rumi (30 September 1207 – 17 December 1273)
- 0420 - Saint Jerome dies. Translator of the Vulgate Bible.
- 1101 - Anselm IV, Archbishop of Milan dies.
- 1207 - Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi was born (d. 1273). Persian mystic and poet.
- 1227 - Pope Nicholas IV was born (d. 1292).
- 1246 - Yaroslav II of Russia dies (b. 1191).
- 1399 - Henry IV is proclaimed King of England.
- 1440 - Reginald Grey, 3rd Baron Grey de Ruthyn dies. English soldier and politician.
- 1487 - John Sutton, 1st Baron Dudley dies (b. 1400). Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
- 1530 - Geronimo Mercuriali was born (d. 1606). Italian philologist and physician.
- 1550 - Michael Maestlin was born (d. 1631). German mathematician.
- 1551 - Ouchi Yoshitaka dies (b. 1507). Japanese warlord.
- 1560 - Melchior Cano dies (b. 1525). Spanish theologian.
- 1572 - St. Francis Borgia dies (b. 1510). Jesuit priest.
- 1581 - Hubert Languet dies (b. 1518). French diplomat and reformer.
- 1626 - Nurhaci dies (b. 1559). Manchurian chief.
- 1628 - Fulke Greville, 1st Baron Brooke dies (b. 1554). English poet.
- 1631 - William Stoughton was born (d. 1701). American judge at the Salem witch trials.
- 1700 - Stanisław Konarski was born (d. 1773). Polish writer.
- 1710 - John Russell, 4th Duke of Bedford was born (d. 1771). Brotosh statesman.
- 1715 - Étienne Bonnot de Condillac was born (d. 1780). French philosopher.
- 1743 - Jeronimo Francisco de Lima was born. Portuguese composer.
- 1765 - José María Morelos was born (d. 1815). Mexican revolutionary.
- 1770 - George Whitefield dies (b. 1714). English-born Methodist leader.
- 1770 - Thomas Robinson, 1st Baron Grantham dies. English politician and diplomat.
- 1772 - James Brindley dies (b. 1716). English engineer, pioneer canal builder, who constructed the first English canal of major economic importance.
- 1778 - Miguel de Bulhões e Sousa dies (b. 1706). Portuguese bishop.
- 1800 - Decimus Burton was born (d. 1881). English architect.
- 1811 - Augusta of Saxe-Weimar was born (d. 1890). Queen of Prussia and German Empress.
- 1827 - Ellis H. Roberts was born (d. 1918). American politician.
- 1846 - Wilhelm Adolf Becker dies (b. 1796). German classical archaeologist, remembered for his works on the everyday life of the ancient Romans and Greeks.
- 1865 - Samuel David Luzzatto dies (b. 1800). Italian-Jewish scholar.
- 1882 - Hans Geiger was born (d. 1945). German physicist.
- 1883 - Bernhard Rust was born (d. 1945). Nazi education minister.
- 1887 - Lil Dagover was born (d. 1980). Dutch-born German actress.
- 1888 - Jack the Ripper kills his third and fourth victims, Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes.
- 1888 - Elizabeth Stride dies (b. 1843). Widely believed to be the third victim of Jack the Ripper.
- 1891 - Georges Boulanger dies (b. 1837). French general and politician.
- 1893 - Lansdale Sasscer was born (d. 1964). American politician.
- 1895 - Lewis Milestone was born (d. 1980). Russian-born film director.
- 1898 - Renée Adorée was born (d. 1933). French actress.
- 1898 - Princess Charlotte of Monaco was born (d. 1977).
- 1902 - The "making of cellulose esters" was jointly patented by William H. Walker, Arthur D. Little and Harry S. Mork of Massachusetts. A month later, on 28 Oct 1902, they also patented artificial silk. Viscose was an early name for the product. The term rayon was adopted by the textile industry in 1924 to replace "artificial silk" and similar names.
- 1904 - Waldo Williams was born (d. 1971). Welsh poet.
- 1908 - David Oistrakh was born (d. 1974). Ukrainian violinist.
- 1910 - Maurice Lévy dies (b. 1838). French engineer.
- 1912 - Kenny Baker was born (d. 1985). American singer and actor.
- 1913 - Bill Walsh was born (d. 1975). American film producer and writer.
- 1913 - Rudolf Diesel dies (b. 1858). German inventor.
- 1915 - Lester Maddox was born (d. 2003). Governor of Georgia.
- 1916 - Morreu, na Figueira da Foz, António Ramalho (n. 1858). Pintor português pertenceu à geração naturalista e distinguiu-se essencialmente como retratista.
- 1917 - Buddy Rich was born (d. 1987). American drummer.
- 1918 - Lewis Nixon was born (d. 1996). II World War Veteran.
- 1919 - Roberto Bonomi was born (d. 1992). Argentine racing driver.
- 1919 - Patricia Neway was born. American soprano.
- 1920 - Aldo Parisot was born. Brazilian-American musician and cellist.
- 1921 - Deborah Kerr was born. Scottish actress ( The King and I, From Here to Eternity, A Woman of Substance, The Night of the Iguana, Quo Vadis, Tea and Sympathy, Separate Tables).
- 1922 - Alan Stretton was born. Australian general.
- 1924 - Truman Capote was born (d. 25 Aug 1984). American author. In Cold Blood, Other Voices, Other Rooms, Breakfast at Tiffany’s; actor: Murder by Death / Nascimento do escritor norte-americano Truman Capote (1924-1984), em Nova Orleães, no estado do Alabama. O seu nome de baptismo era Truman Streckfus Persons, tendo adoptado o apelido do padrasto. Conhecido sobretudo pelos seus livros Pequeno Almoço no Tiffany e A Sangue Frio.
- 1926 - Paulo Bomfim was born. Brazilian poet.
- 1926 - Robin Roberts was born. American baseball player.
- 1927 - Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 60 home runs in a season.
- 1927 - W. S. Merwin was born. American poet.
- 1931 - Angie Dickinson was born. American actress ( Police Woman, Cassie and Company, Wild Palms, Dressed to Kill, Rio Bravo, Ocean’s 11). Hollywood’s Best Legs Award 
- 1932 - Shintaro Ishihara was born. Japanese author and politician (governor of Tokyo).
- 1932 - Johnny Podres was born. American baseball player.
- 1933 - Cissy Houston was born. American gospel/r&b singer.
- 1933 - Barbara Knox was born. English actress.
- 1934 - Anna Kashfi was born. Welsh actress.
- 1934 - Udo Jürgens was born. Austrian singer.
- 1935 - Johnny Mathis was born. American singer.
- 1935 - Z. Z. Hill was born (d. 1984). American blues singer.
- 1937 - Artur Portela Filho was born. Portuguese journalist and writer.
- 1937 - Valentin Silvestrov was born. Ukrainian composer.
- 1938 - The League of Nations unanimously outlaws "intentional bombings of civilian populations".
- 1939 - Martha Wollstein dies (b. 21 Nov 1868). American physician and investigator in pediatric pathology.
- 1940 - Sir Robert Abbott Hadfield dies (b. 28 Nov 1858). British metallurgist who developed manganese steel, an alloy of exceptional durability that found uses in the construction of railroad rails and rock-crushing machinery.
- 1942 - Frankie Lymon was born (d. 1962). American singer.
- 1942 – Hans-Joachim Marseille dies (b. 1919). German fighter pilot.
- 1943 - Ian Ogilvy was born. British actor.
- 1943 - Franz Oppenheimer dies (b. 1864). German sociologist.
- 1944 - Diane Dufresne was born. French Canadian singer.
- 1945 - Bourne End rail crash, Hertfordshire, England killed 43.
- 1945 - Bob Lassiter was born. American radio personality.
- 1945 - Ehud Olmert was born. Twelfth Prime Minister of Israel.
- 1946 - Claude Vorilhon was born. Founder of Raelism, a ufo religio.
- 1946 – Fran Brill was born. American actress, voice actress and puppeteer.
- 1946 - Héctor Lavoe was born (d. 1993). Puerto Rican singer.
- 1946 - Jochen Mass was born. German F1 car driver.
- 1946 - Paul Sheahan was born. Australian Test Cricketer 1967-1974.
- 1947 - Dave Arneson was born. American game designer.
- 1947 - Marc Bolan was born (d. 1977). British musician.
- 1947 - Rula Lenska was born. English actress.
- 1948 - Craig Kusick was born. Former major league baseball player.
- 1949 - The Berlin Airlift ends.
- 1950 - Renato Zero was born. Italian musician.
- 1952 - Jack Wild was born (d. 2006). British actor.
- 1953 - Deborah Allen was born. American singer.
- 1953 - S.M. Stirling was born. Canadian-born American science fiction and fantasy author.
- 1953 - Victoria Tennant was born. Actress: Flowers in the Attic, L.A. Story, The Winds of War, War and Remembrance.
- 1953 - Lewis Fry Richardson dies (b. 11 Oct 1881). British physicist and psychologist who was the first to apply mathematical techniques to predict the weather accurately.
- 1954 - Barry Williams was born. American actor.
- 1954 - Basia Trzetrzelewska was born. Polish-born singer and songwriter.
- 1954 - Patrice Rushen was born. American musician.
- 1955 - Film icon James Dean dies from injuries suffered in a car crash (b. 1931). American actor (Giant, East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause).
- 1957 - Fran Drescher was born. American actress.
- 1958 - Marty Stuart was born. Country music singer.
- 1959 - Ettore Messina was born. Italian basketball coach.
- 1959 - Ross Granville Harrison dies (b. 13 Jan 1870). American zoologist who developed the first successful animal-tissue cultures and pioneered organ transplantation techniques.
- 1960 - Blanche Lincoln was born. American politician.
- 1961 - Crystal Bernard was born. American actress.
- 1961 - Eric Stoltz was born. American actor ( Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Mask, Some Kind of Wonderful, Our Town, Three Sisters, Two Shakespearean Actors, The Importance of Being Ernest, The Glass Menagerie, Pulp Fiction, Once and Again).
- 1961 - Eric van de Poele was born. Belgian racing driver.
- 1961 - Sally Yeh was born. Hong Kong singer and actress.
- 1962 - Frank Rijkaard was born. Dutch football player and manager.
- 1962 - Shaan was born. Indian singer.
- 1963 - David Barbe was born. American musician (Sugar).
- 1964 - Monica Bellucci was born. Italian actress.
- 1965 - Six generals of Indonesian National Army assassinated by counter-coup action known as 30 September Movement.
- 1965 - Kathleen Madigan was born. American comedian.
- 1965 - Omid Djalili was born. British stand-up comedian and actor.
- 1966 - The British protectorate of Bechuanaland declares its independence, and becomes the Republic of Botswana.
- 1966 – Gary Armstrong was born. Scotland rugby player.
- 1966 - Kerry G. Johnson was born. African American graphic designer and caricaturist.
- 1967 - BBC Radio 1 is launched; the BBC's other national radio stations also adopt numeric names.
- 1968 - Stanislaw Ponte Preta dies (b. 1923). Brazilian writer.
- 1969 - Chris Von Erich was born (d. 1991). American professional wrestler.
- 1969 - Mark Smith was born. English body builder, former Gladiators player.
- 1969 - Sir Frederic C. Bartlett dies (b. 20 Oct 1886). British psychologist best known for his studies of memory. Britain's most outstanding psychologist between the World Wars.
- 1971 - Jenna Elfman was born. American actress.
- 1972 - Ari Behn was born. Norwegian author.
- 1972 - Jamal Anderson was born. American football player.
- 1972 – Shaan was born. Indian singer.
- 1973 - Peter Pitseolak dies (b. 1902). Inuit photographer and author.
- 1974 - Portugal: Tomada de posse do 3.º Governo Provisório, chefiado por Vasco Gonçalves.
- 1974 - Portugal: General Costa Gomes assume a Presidencia da Republica após a renúncia do presidente António de Spínola.
- 1974 - Daniel Wu was born. American-born Chinese film actor, director, and producer.
- 1974 – Jeremy Giambi was born. American baseball player.
- 1975 - Joe Frazier vs. Muhammad Ali fight (Thriller in Manila).
- 1975 - Carlos Guillén was born. Vernezuelan baseball player.
- 1975 – Georges-Alain Jones was born. French singer.
- 1975 - Marion Cotillard was born. French actress.
- 1976 - Mary Ford dies (b. 1928). American singer.
- 1977 - Philippine political prisoners, Eugenio Lopez, Jr. and Sergio Osmeña III successfully escaped from Fort Bonifacio Maximum Security Prison in the Philippines
- 1977 - Maia Brewton was born. American actress.
- 1977 - Roy Carroll was born. Northern Irish football player.
- 1977 - Sun Jihai was born. Chinese football player.
- 1977 - Mary Ford dies (b. 1924). American singer (Les Paul and Mary Ford).
- 1978 - Candice Michelle was born. American female wrestler.
- 1978 – Róbinson Zapata was born. Colombian footballer. (goalkeeper).
- 1979 - Andy van der Meyde was born. Dutch footballer.
- 1979 – Cameron Bruce was born. Australian footballer.
- 1979 - Clio-Danae Othoneou was born. Greek actress, musician and pianist.
- 1979 - Vince Chong was born. Malaysian singer-songwriter.
- 1980 - Camilla D’Errico was born. Canadian comic book artist and painter.
- 1980 - Martina Hingis was born. Swiss tennis player.
- 1981 - The death penalty is abolished in France.
- 1981 - Brandon Watson was born. American baseball player.
- 1981 - Cecelia Ahern was born. Irish author.
- 1981 - Dominique Moceanu was born. American gymnast.
- 1982 - Kieran Culkin was born. American actor.
- 1982 - Lacey Chabert was born. American actress.
- 1982 - Michelle Marsh was born. British model.
- 1982 - Ryan Stout was born. American comedian.
- 1982 – Ryane Clowe was born. Canadian ice hockey player.
- 1982 - Seth Smith was born. American baseball player.
- 1982 - Teal Redmann was born. American actress.
- 1982 – Tory Lane was born. American nude model, exotic dancer, and pornographic actress.
- 1982 – Yan Stastny was born. Canadian ice hockey player.
- 1983 – Adam Jones was born. American football player.
- 1983 - Andreea Răducan was born. Romanian gymnast.
- 1984 - Keisha Buchanan was born. British singer (Sugababes).
- 1984 - Megan Ewing was born. American supermodel.
- 1984 - T-Pain was born. American rapper/singer.
- 1984 - Anna Świrszczyńska dies (b. 1909). Polish poet.
- 1985 - Adam Cooney was born. Australian footballer.
- 1985 - Simone Signoret dies (b. 1921). French actress.
- 1986 - Mordechai Vanunu, who revealed details of Israel covert nuclear program to British media, was kidnapped in Rome, Italy.
- 1986 - Christian Zapata was born. Colombian footballer.
- 1986 – Martin Guptill was born. New Zealand Cricketer.
- 1987 - Denise Laurel was born. Filipino actress and singer.
- 1988 - Al Holbert dies (b. 1946). American race car driver and team owner.
- 1989 - Foreign Minister of West Germany Hans-Dietrich Genscher's speech from the balcony of the German embassy in Prague.
- 1989 - Virgil Thompson dies (b. 1896). American composer.
- 1990 - Alice Parizeau dies (b. 1930). Quebec writer and journalist.
- 1990 – Rob Moroso dies (b. 1968). American NASCAR driver.
- 1992 - José Eduardo dos Santos becomes President of Angola.
- 1998 - Dan Quisenberry dies (b. 1953). American baseball player.
- 1998 - Lisbon Expo-98 finishes.
- 1999 - German novelist Guenter Grass won the Nobel Prize in Literature. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences credited Grass’ first novel, The Tin Drum, with restoring honor to German literature "after decades of linguistic and moral destruction."
- 2002 - Demolition of The Wembley Stadium begins (London, England).
- 2002 – Göran Kropp dies (b. 1966). Swedish adventurer and mountaineer.
- 2002 - Hans-Peter Tschudi dies (b. 1913). Swiss Federal Councilor.
- 2003 - Robert Kardashian was born (d. 1944). Armenian-American lawyer.
- 2003 - Yusuf Bey dies (b. 1935). Black Muslim leader.
- 2004 - A Rússia aprova adesão ao Protocolo de Kyoto.
- 2004 - Gamini Fonseka dies (b. 1936). Sri Lankan actor.
- 2004 – Jacques Levy dies (b. 1935). Jewish American songwriter, theatre director, and clinical psychologist.
- 2004 - Michael Relph dies (b. 1915). British film producer and director.
- 2008 – Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam dies (b. 1926). Singapore Opposition Leader & former Secretary-General of Singapore's Worker's Party.
- São Tomé and Príncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day.
O Benfica foi jogar ao campo de uma equipa que tem bons jogadores mas que está classificada nos fundos da tabela da Bundesliga e que esta época ainda não ganhara oficialmente em casa. Jesus optou pelo mesmo onze inicial do jogo da Madeira, surpreendendo um tanto a ausência de Aimar, (esteve no banco) e a realidade é que os encarnados entraram bem no jogo conseguindo realçar uma certa falta de confiança e até algumas tremuras defensivas da equipa alemã, especialmente do seu lado direito qm que o lateral de nacionalidade japonesa era ultrapassado com aparente facilidade.
Foram de bolas paradas os lances de maior perigo e o Benficas esteve perto de marcar por duas ocasiões; numa delas Luisão ao primeiro poste num canto da esquerda apontado por Carlos Martins mostrou porque Neuer é o guarda-redes da selecção alemã, e a outra de um lançamento lateral a bola sobrou para o segundo poste com Saviola em boa posição mas a rematar ao lado.
A equipa alemã também criou perigo em lances de bola parada e até introduziu a bola por duas vezes na baliza encarnada mas em situações de fora de jogo evidentes que o assistente assinalou.
A medida que o tempo decorria o Benfica foi perdendo o controlo do jogo e subiu a confiança dos homens da casa que já terminaram a primeira parte em ascensão desfrutando mesmo da maior oportunidade de golo com um remate de Raul ao poste e Roberto através de grande defesa a evitar o golo na recarga de Rakitic.
Na segunda parte que se iniciou com Salvio no lugar do "amarelado" Gaitán, os alemães jogavam com mais velocidade e o cartão amarelo exibido ao lateral direito Ushida acabou por ser manifestação da providência porque o treinador substitui-o por Sarpei e a ala direita alemã tornou-se mais perigosa com destaque para Aí o erro do Benfica teve a ver com o seu futebol standard de logo que ganha a bola querer partir para transições rápidas de ataque, mesmo numa fase em que já estava a ser ultrapassado em termos de domínio de jogo, o que recomendaria a prática de um futebol mais pausado e de maior controlo, de contemporizações que, esta equipa do Benfica não faz. Este aspecto associado ao dos defesas terem ganho a mania de querer sair a jogar com fintas em zonas perigosas ditou a derrota encarnada.
No primeiro golo em jogada de insistência ou seja de ataque planeado germânico os jogadores do Benfica tiveram por duas vezes a bola à sua disposição com um corte de cabeça de Luisão que sobrou para um encarnado que logo quis construir a tal jogada de ataque. Perdeu e, na tão famigerada segunda bola, o cruzamento da esquerda apanhou ainda César Peixoto muito no centro da área mal posicionado e falhando a intervenção de cabeça, surgindo então Farfán (poderoso e bom jogador) a fazer o golo num remate cruzado.
Nessa altura já Jesus tinha esgotado as substituições pois Jesus fizera sair Saviola para a entrada de Aimar e pouco depois perdera Cardozo lesionado (ao que parece com de modo impeditivo para os próximos jogos) para entrar Kardec. O Benfica apagou-se e sofreria o segundo golo em mais uma perde de bola, neste caso de David Luís que tem de perder a mania de pensar que é Maradona e sair da defesa a fintar. Ficou desposionada a defesa encarnada, as compensações não ocorreram eficazmente e Huntelaar só encostou na assistência da esquerda de Jones, após abertura desequilibradora de Raul.
Este Benfica cometeu, assim, erros com alguma similute aos de Braga no jogo de ontem. O Benfica tem de perceber que às vezes importa parar o jogo, alterar a feição dos acontecimentos para depois poder retomar o ritmo normal. Erros defensivos, maior disponibilidade física dos alemães e muitos passes errados na segunda parte são as causas da derrota.
O árbitro italiano esteve bem em termos disciplinares e nos foras de jogo falhando, a meu ver, em algumas faltas em desfavor do Benfica. Mas talvez sejam os critérios europeus mais largos aos que estamos por cá habituados...
No próximo jogo o Benfica volta a jogar fora em Lyon (que ganhou em Telavive e comanda o grupo) e a situação fica muito complicada se não trouxer pelo menos um empate de França.
SCHALKE: Neuer; Uchida (Sarpei 58'), Papadopoulos, Metzelder e Schmitz; Farfán, Matip e Rakitic (Jones 65'); Huntelaar, Jurado (Kluge 78') e Raúl
BENFICA: Roberto; Maxi Pereira, Luisão, David Luiz e César Peixoto; Javi García; Carlos Martins, Gaitán (Salvio 45') e Fábio Coentrão; Saviola (Aimar 63'), Cardozo (Kardec 71')
Golos: Farfán 75'; Huntelaar 85'
45' Cartão Amarelo para Gaitán (Benfica).
49' Cartão Amarelo para Salvio (Benfica)
56' Cartão Amarelo para Javi García (Benfica), por falta sobre Farfá
57' Cartão Amarelo para Uchida (Schalke), por falta sobre Saviola.
63' Cartão Amarelo para Farfán (Schalke).
|Group A||Group B|
|Group C||Group D|
|Group A||Group B|
|Werder Bremen||2||1||2-6||H. Tel-Aviv||2||0||1-5|
|Group C||Group D|
|Group E||Group F|
|Group G||Group H|
|Group E||Group F|
|AS Roma||2||3||2-3||Spatak Moskva||2||6||4-0|
|CFR 1907 Cluj||2||3||3-3||Marseille||2||0||0-3|
|Group G||Group H|
1. Life is art
2. Man's life is a succession of self-expressions
3. Man is a manifestation of God
4. Man suffers if he fails to express himself
5. Man's true self is lost when swayed by feelings and emotions
6. Man's true self is revealed when his ego is effaced
7. All things exist in mutual relationship to one another
8. Live radiantly as the sun
9. All men are equal
10. Strive for creating mutual happiness
11. Have true faith in God
12. There is a way (function) peculiar to every "name" (existence)
13. There is a way for men, and there is another for women
14. All is for world peace
15. All is a mirror
16. All things progress and develop
17. Comprehend what is most essential
18. At every moment man stands at the crossroads of good and evil
19. Act when your intuition dictates
20. Live in a perfect unity of mind and matter
21. Live in Perfect Liberty
Do you know what these rules are? They are the 21 Precepts announced by Tokuchika Miki on September 29, 1947 whitch became the basic teachings of the Church of Perfect Liberty or PL Kyodan.
Por entre as rochas um rapaz, nas mãos levando uma balança, avança em direcção ao mar. Vai procurar pesá-lo. Num dos pratos, o mar há-de revolver-se, debater-se, rebentar, há-de trazer à superfície a força das entranhas e atrair o céu, há-de-o fazer precipitar-se até com ele se confundir, e as próprias rochas através das quais o rapaz segue hão-de pesar no prato ferozmente. Imperturbável, o rapaz colocará no outro prato o seu sorriso.Luís Miguel de Oliveira Perry Nava (nasceu em Viseu, 29 de Setembro de 1957 — m. Bruxelas, 10 de Maio de 1995)
- 106 BC - Pompey was born (d. 48 BC). Roman statesman and general.
- 0048 BC - Pompey, the Great dies assassinated (b. 106 BC). Roman general.
- 1240 - Margaret of England was born (d. 1275). Queen consort of Scotland.
- 1321 - John of Artois, Count of Eu was born (d. 1387). French soldier.
- 1328 - Joan of Kent was born (d. 1385).
- 1364 - Charles, Duke of Brittany dies.
- 1402 - Nasce Fernando de Portugal, o Infante Santo († 1443).
- 1511 - Miguel Servet was born († 1553). Spanish humanist.
- 1547 - Miguel de Cervantes was born († 1616). Spanish author.
- 1548 - William V, Duke of Bavaria was born (d. 1626).
- 1560 - King Gustav I of Sweden dies (b. 1496).
- 1561 - Adriaan van Roomen was born (d. 1615). Flemish mathematician.
- 1567 - The second War of Religion in France breaks out.
- 1571 - Caravaggio was born (d. 1610). Italian artist.
- 1637 - Lorenzo Ruiz dies. Filipino saint.
- 1639 - Lord William Russell was born (d. 1683). English politician.
- 1640 - Antoine Coysevox was born (d. 1720). French sculptor.
- 1678 - Adrien-Maurice, 3rd duc de Noailles was born (d. 1766). French soldier.
- 1691 - Richard Challoner was born (d. 1781). English Catholic prelate.
- 1703 - François Boucher was born (d. 1770). French painter.
- 1703 - Charles de Saint-Évremond dies (b. 1610). French soldier.
- 1717 – An earthquake struck Antigua Guatemala, destroying much of the city's architecture and making authorities consider moving the capital to a different city.
- 1725 - Robert Clive was born (d. 1774). British general and statesman.
- 1758 - Horatio Nelson was born (d. 1805). British admiral.
- 1766 - Charlotte, Princess Royal was born (d. 1828). German queen.
- 1786 - Guadalupe Victoria was born (d. 1843). First president of Mexico.
- 1789 - The first U.S. Congress adjourns.
- 1800 - Michael Denis dies (b. 1729). Austrian poet.
- 1801 - Tratado de paz entre Portugal e a República francesa, assinado em Madrid, em consequência da «Guerra das Laranjas», pelo qual Portugal se obriga a fechar os portos aos britânicos.
- 1803 - Jacques Charles François Sturm was born (d. 1850). French mathematician.
- 1803 - Mercator Cooper was born (d. 1872). American sea captain.
- 1808 - Henry Bennett was born (d. 1868). American politician.
- 1810 - Elizabeth Gaskell was born (d. 1865). British novelist.
- 1833 - King Fernando VII of Spain dies (b. 1784).
- 1843 - Mikhail Skobelev was born (d. 1882). Russian general.
- 1844 - Miguel Juárez Celman was born. Argentine politician.
- 1849 - Dom Francisco do Rego Maia was born († 1928). Brazilian bishop.
- 1863 - Hugo Haase was born (d. 1919). German politician and jurist.
- 1864 - American Civil War: The Battle of Chaffin's Farm is fought.
- 1864 - Miguel de Unamuno was born (d. 1936). Spanish writer and philosopher.
- 1887 - Bernhard von Langenbeck dies (b. 1810). German surgeon.
- 1889 - Louis Faidherbe dies (b. 1818). French general.
- 1890 - Maria Matos was born. Portuguese actress and theatre entrepreneur.
- 1895 - J.B. Rhine was born (d. 1980). American parapsychologist.
- 1895 - Roscoe Turner was born (d. 1970). American aviator and racer.
- 1897 - Herbert Agar was born (d. 1980). American journalist and historian.
- 1898 - Trofim Lysenko was born (d. 1976). Stalinist biologist.
- 1900 - Miguel Alemán Valdés was born (d. 1983). President of Mexico.
- 1901 - Lanza del Vasto was born (d. 1981). Italian philosopher, poet, and activist.
- 1902 - Impresario David Belasco's first Broadway theater opens.
- 1902 - William Topaz McGonagall dies (b. 1825). Scots/Irish poet.
- 1902 - Émile Zola dies (b. 3 Apr 1840). French writer.
- 1904 - Greer Garson was born (d. 1996). British actress.
- 1907 - The cornerstone is laid at Washington National Cathedral in the U.S. capital.
- 1907 - Gene Autry was born (d. 1998). American actor and businessman.
- 1907 - George W. Jenkins was born (d. 1996). American businessman.
- 1908 - Eddie Tolan was born (d. 1967). American athlete.
- 1908 - Joaquim Maria Machado de Assis dies (b. 21 Jun 1839). Brazilian writer.
- 1910 - Virginia Bruce was born (d. 1982). American actress.
- 1912 - Michelangelo Antonioni was born. Italian film director.
- 1913 - Trevor Howard was born (d. 1988). English actor.
- 1913 - Stanley Kramer was born (d. 2001). American film director.
- 1915 - Brenda Marshall was born (d. 1992). American film actress.
- 1915 - Vincent DeDomenico was born (d. 2007). American entrepreneur.
- 1922 - Lizabeth Scott was born. American actress.
- 1923 - Stan Berenstain was born (d. 2005). American children's author.
- 1924 - Steve Forrest was born. American actor.
- 1927 - Willem Einthoven dies (b. 1860). Dutch physician, Nobel laureate.
- 1930 - Ilya Yefimovich Repin dies (b. 1844). Russian painter.
- 1931 - Anita Ekberg was born. Swedish actress.
- 1931 - James Watson Cronin was born. American nuclear physicist, Nobel Prize laureate in 1980.
- 1932 - Robert Benton was born. American screenwriter and director.
- 1933 - Samora Machel was († 1986). First President of Mozambique.
- 1934 - Lance Gibbs was born. West Indian cricketer.
- 1934 - Mihály Csíkszentmihályi was born. Psychology professor
- 1934 – Skandor Akbar was born. American professional wrestler and manager.
- 1935 - Jerry Lee Lewis was born. American musician.
- 1937 - Ray Ewry dies (b. 1873). American athlete.
- 1939 – Jim Baxter was born (d. 2001). Scottish footballer.
- 1939 - Larry Linville was born (d. 2000). American actor.
- 1939 - Molly Haskell was born. American film critic.
- 1939 – Rhodri Morgan was born. 2nd First Minister for Wales.
- 1940 - Nicola Di Bari was born. Italian singer.
- 1941 - Holocaust in Kiev, Ukraine: German Einsatzgruppe C starts Babi Yar massacre. According to the Einsatzgruppen Operational Situation Report No. 101, at least 33,771 Jews from Kiev and its suburbs were killed at Babi Yar on September 29 - 30, 1941. / 33.771 Judeus são mortos durante o massacre de Babi Yar, perto de Kiev, na Ucrânia, no começo da invasão alemã da União Soviética.
- 1941 - Fred West was born. British serial killer.
- 1942 - Bill Nelson was born. U.S. Senator from Florida.
- 1942 - Felice Gimondi was born. Italian cyclist.
- 1942 - Ian McShane was born. British actor.
- 1942 - Jean-Luc Ponty was born. French jazz violinist.
- 1942 - Madeline Kahn was born (d. 1999). American actress.
- 1942 - Steve Tesich was born (d. 1996). Serbian screenwriter.
- 1943 - U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice. aboard the British ship Nelson off the shore of Malta.
- 1944 - Mike Post was born. American composer.
- 1943 - Mohammad Khatami was born. Former President of Iran.
- 1945 - Kyriakos Sfetsas was born. Greek composer.
- 1946 - Celso Pitta was born. Brazilian politician.
- 1947 - Church of Perfect Liberty (PL Kyodan) is founded.
- 1947 - Martin Ferrero was born. American actor.
- 1948 - Bryant Gumbel was born. American television personality.
- 1948 - Theo Jörgensmann was born. German jazz clarinetist.
- 1949 - The Communist Party of China writes the Common Programme for the future People's Republic of China.
- 1949 - George Dalaras was born. Greek singer.
- 1951 - Andrés Caicedo was born (d. 1977). Colombian writer.
- 1951 - Maureen Caird was born. Australian hurdler.
- 1951 – Michelle Bachelet was born. President of Chile.
- 1951 - Mike Enriquez was born. Philippine broadcaster.
- 1952 – Gabor Csupo was born. Hungarian-born animator.
- 1952 - Max Sandlin was born. American politician.
- 1953 - Drake Hogestyn was born. American actor.
- 1953 - Jean-Claude Lauzon was born (d. 1977). Quebec film director.
- 1953 - Warren Cromartie was born. Major League Baseball player.
- 1955 - Benoît Ferreux was born. French actor.
- 1955 - Nasce, em Repeses, concelho de Viseu, Francisco José Ferreira Rebelo Fernandes. Economista e fiscalista português.
- 1956 - Sebastian Coe was born. British athlete.
- 1957 - 20 MCi (740 petabecquerels) of radioactive material is released in an explosion at the Soviet Mayak nuclear plant.
- 1957 - Andrew Dice Clay was born. American comedian and actor.
- 1957 – Chris Broad was born. English cricketer and match referee.
- 1957 - Luís Miguel Nava was born in Viseu (d. 10 May 1995). Portuguese writer.
- 1957 – Mark Nicholas was born. English cricketer and sports presenter.
- 1957 - Sokratis Malamas was born. Greek singer and composer.
- 1958 - First cinema exhibitions in Cinemateca Portuguesa RTP article about this
- 1960 – Alan McGee was born. British music industry mogul and musician.
- 1960 – David Sammartino was born. American professional wrestler.
- 1960 – John Paxson was born. American Basketball Player and GM.
- 1961 - Rebecca DeMornay was born. American actress.
- 1961 - Stephanie Miller was born. American comedian and liberal talk show host.
- 1961 – Julia Gillard was born. Australian politician.
- 1961 – Stephanie Miller was born. American comedian and talk radio host.
- 1962 – Al Pitrelli was born. American musician and guitarist.
- 1962 - Roger Bart was born. American actor.
- 1963 - Dave Andreychuk was born. Canadian hockey player.
- 1964 - The Argentine comic strip Mafalda is published for the first time.
- 1964 - Tom Sizemore was born. American actor.
- 1965 - The NSA memorial lists ten agents lost on this date.
- 1965 - Rino Levi dies (b. 1901). Brazilian architect.
- 1966 - The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.
- 1966 – Hersey Hawkins was born. American basketball player.
- 1966 - Jill Whelan was born. American actress.
- 1967 - The first episode of Captain Scarlet is aired on Television.
- 1967 - Carson McCullers dies (b. 1917). American author.
- 1968 – Alex Skolnick was born. American thrash metal and jazz guitarist.
- 1968 – Luke Goss was born. English actor.
- 1968 - Patrick Burns was born. Television presenter.
- 1968 – Samir Soni was born. Indian film actor.
- 1969 - Aleks Syntek was born. Mexican singer.
- 1969 – Angelo Barretto was born. Filipino race car driver.
- 1970 - Emily Lloyd was born. British actress.
- 1970 - Natasha Gregson Wagner was born. American actress.
- 1970 – Nicolás Pereira was born. Venezuelan tennis player.
- 1970 - Yoshihiro Tajiri was born. Japanese professional wrestler.
- 1970 - Edward Everett Horton dies (b. 1886). American actor.
- 1971 – Mackenzie Crook was born. British actor and comedian.
- 1972 – Oliver Gavin was born. British racing car driver.
- 1972 - Robert Webb was born. British actor, comedian, and writer.
- 1972 – Togi Makabe was born. Japanese professional wrestler.
- 1973 – Athanasios Michalopoulos was born. Greek volleyball player.
- 1973 – Joe Hulbig was born. American ice hockey player.
- 1973 – Scout Niblett was born. British singer/songwriter.
- 1973 - W. H. Auden dies (b. 1907). English poet.
- 1974 - Alexis Cruz was born. American actor.
- 1974 - Brian Ash was born. American screenwriter and producer.
- 1975 - WGPR in Detroit, Michigan, becomes the world's first black-owned-and-operated television station.
- 1975 - Sharon Dahlonega Raiford Bush becomes American television's first African-American weathercaster.
- 1975 - Casey Stengel dies. Baseball player and manager
- 1976 - Andriy Shevchenko was born. Ukrainian football player.
- 1976 - Darren Byfield was born. English football player.
- 1976 - Oscar Sevilla was born. Spanish cyclist.
- 1977 - Debelah Morgan was born. American R&B singer.
- 1977 – Jake Westbrook was born. American baseball player.
- 1977 – Wade Brookbank was born. Canadian ice hockey player
- 1978 - Kurt Nilsen was born. Norwegian singer.
- 1978 - Mohini Bhardwaj was born. American gymnast.
- 1979 - Beau Zimmer was born. Telejournalist
- 1981 - Siarhei Rutenka was born. Belarussian handball player.
- 1981 - Bill Shankly dies (b. 1913). Scottish football manager.
- 1982 - 1982 Chicago Tylenol murders begins when the first of seven individuals dies in metropolitan Chicago.
- 1982 - Monty Stratton dies (b. 1912). Baseball player.
- 1982 - Ariana Jollee was born. American actress and director.
- 1982 - Monty Stratton dies (b. 1912). Baseball player.
- 1983 - Mário Botas dies. Portuguese painter.
- 1984 - Per Mertesacker was born. German football player.
- 1986 - Benoit Pouliot was born. Canadian ice hockey player.
- 1988 - Justin Nozuka was born. American/Canadian singer-songwriter.
- 1988 - Kevin Durant was born. American basketball player.
- 1988 - Charles Addams dies (b. 1912). American cartoonist.
- 1989 - Sebastian Elmaloglou was born. Australian soap actor.
- 1989 - Theo Adams was born. British performance artist.
- 1989 - Luís Dourdil dies. Portuguese painter.
- 1990 - The YF-22, which would later become the F-22 Raptor, flies for the first time.
- 1990 - Doug Brochu was born. American actor.
- 1990 - Lena Wermelt was born. German footballer.
- 1991 - Military coup in Haiti. Jean-Bertrand Aristide, President of Haiti, is deposed.
- 1992 - Erotica (song) released by Madonna.
- 1992 - Lançamento do álbum Dirt da banda norte-americana Alice in Chains.
- 1992 - Primeiras eleições em Angola cujos resultados não são aceites pela UNITA.
- 1994 - Cheb Hasni dies (b. 1968). Algerian singer.
- 1997 - Roy Lichtenstein dies (b. 1923). American artist.
- 1998 - Tom Bradley dies (b. 1917). Mayor of Los Angeles, California.
- 1998 - Jacyra Sampaio dies (b. 1922). Brazilian actress.
- 1999 - Juan Valentín Urdangarín y de Borbón was born. Spanish royal.
- 2001 - Nguyen Van Thieu dies (b. 1923). President of South Vietnam.
- 2003 - Hurricane Juan makes landfall at Nova Scotia.
- 2004 - Richard Sainct dies (b. 1970). French motorcycle rally rider.
- 2005 - Amnesty referendum in Algeria.
- 2005 - Austin Leslie dies (b. 1938). Considered by many the "Godfather of Fried Chicken".
- 2005 - Sérgio Correia da Costa dies (b. 1919). Brazilian historian and diplomat.
- 2006 - Gol Transportes Aéreos Flight 1907 collides in mid-air with an Embraer Legacy business jet near Peixoto de Azevedo, Mato Grosso, Brazil, killing 154 total people, and triggering a Brazilian aviation crisis.
- 2006 - Michael A. Monsoor, a United States Navy SEAL, dies killed in Iraq. Posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.
- 2006 - Jan Werner Danielsen dies (b. 1976). Norwegian singer.
- 2006 - Khalique Ibrahim Khalique dies (b. 1926). Pakistani journalist and Urdu poet and critic.
- 2006 - Louis-Albert Cardinal Vachon dies (b. 1912). French Canadian Catholic archbishop of Quebec.
- 2006 - Walter Hadlee dies (b. 1915). New Zealand cricketer.
- 2007 - Calder Hall, the world's first commercial nuclear power station, is demolished in a controlled explosion.
- 2008 - Following the bankruptcies of Lehman Brothers and Washington Mutual, The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls 777.68 points, the largest single-day point loss in its history.
- 2008 - Emma Tallulah Behn was born. Member of the extended Norwegian royal family.
- 2009 - An 8.0 magnitude earthquake near the Samoan Islands causes a tsunami.
- 2009 - Pavel Popovich dies (b. 1930) Soviet cosmonaut.
- 2009 - Sperantza Vrana dies. Greek actress.